Our Postpartum + Infant Care Team recently had a blast doing some meal planning and prep for a family with a brand new baby! Thanks to Whole Foods Cincinnati, who generously gifted this family a gift card to purchase ingredients for 3 whole meals, we made enough to feast for a week.
On the menu for lunch? Chicken Waldorf Salad, an easy make-ahead when you use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken!
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBS lemon juice, or one lemon fresh squeezed
- 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, skin removed and pulled off the bone into small shreds
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, chopped into fine bits
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup plain regular or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange juice, or half a orange fresh squeezed
- 1/4 TSP kosher salt
Mix the apple and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Mix in the hand shredded chicken, grapes, celery, raisins and walnuts.
In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice and salt. Add the dressing to the salad, mixing carefully.
Serve cold in giant romaine lettuce leaves or a pita for a wrap, or on bread or crackers for a sandwich.